Friday 17 February 2012

A crafty week

This week I've not been too busy with Foot Health work so I've taken the opportunity to get on and do some craft work, As i've mentioned in previous posts I do enjoy knitting. I've spent the last 6-8 months knitting baby clothes and having despatched the latest box of gifts to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago I decided I would set about knitting something for me.
Its taken me 13 days to make and here is my newest addition to my wardrobe.

I'm very pleased with it, it just needs a couple of buttons and I'll be able to wear it.

Earlier in the week I asked my Mum to come and stay overnight. My Dad was suffering with a cold (or even man flu) and I suggested mum come and stay with me instead of catching his germs!
Also it was a good opportunity for us to start a little sewing project we have planned.

My step daughter had a baby on Christmas Day and it looks like the Christening will be in May. I said to mum that I would love to make a patchwork bed quilt as a gift. Mum is the Queen of Quilting in my eyes. She laboured for a good many years over a double quilt for me and my husband as  a wedding present. I haven't done a lot of sewing recently and have never done patchwork so I knew mum would have some good ideas.
She had been and bought a few bits of material and so on Tuesday we planned our quilt and decided on pattern and the colours we would use on the border. We cut out the material and on Wednesday we spent the day sewing.

Busy sewing
Our border materials

Part of our completed border


We didn't finish the border but have divided it between us to finish separately.
I will post more pictures as it progresses

1 comment:

  1. Clever you, is there no end to your accomplishments?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)