Tuesday 31 July 2012

Olympics

Although I was a bit reserved and not really bothered about London 2012 I have to say I've been sucked in!!
I sat down with trepidation on Friday to see 'what they've come up with' for the Opening Ceremony. I was amazed and open mouthed at how fabulous it was. Ok so some of it seemed a bit surreal, like live animals in a stereotypical British landscape, children bouncing on giant beds. Overall though I was very impressed. I felt very proud, once again, to be British.
My favourite bit has to be Her Majesty getting involved with Daniel 'Mr Bond' Craig and also Rowan 'Mr Bean' Atkinson.
Of course we had to wheel out Mr McCartney to try to sing another dirgy tune from years ago. He was out of sync and why not sing a more upbeat Beatles song?
I was out on Saturday but since Saturday afternoon I've been glued to the TV. I'm not usually a huge sports fan but I've been enjoying the cycling, equestrian, swimming, sailing, rowing, canoeing, gymnastics and beach volleyball.
I've been flicking between channels (I'm glad hubby isn't here as we'd be arguing about what to watch)catching all the action.
Such a shame to see empty seats, feel very lucky to have tickets to canoe sprint and football in Cardiff at the end of next week. Have been looking at the website to see what other tickets are available.
Have now got more tickets for the Paralympics for cycling and equestrian events so even more excited!
Of course I'm working tomorrow and Thursday this week so how will I manage?

1 comment:

  1. Have you been able to contain yourself with all these medals Britain has won? You must be dancing about with pleasure. I hope your clients aren't suffering from your excitement?

    There'll be no barking or slipper fetching for your next call.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)