Tuesday 18 September 2012

Another week at sea

So I've joined another ship today. Once again a dredger and once again a ship I have sailed on in the past but quite a while ago! The Arco Arun.
I've sailed with some of the crew on board and so a week won't be so long, will it?
It always seems such a drag having to pack up and come back to sea, so maybe this is telling me that I really don't want to do it many more times. I've become such a home bird it's sad! Anyway I know once I get on board and get stuck in I'm usually ok.
I joined in Dagenham today. Right by the Ford car plant.
I dropped off Maisie at my parents for a mini break as hubby isn't home until tomorrow! Good or bad timing?!
On arrival I had a bite to eat and then the guy whom I'm relieving started showing me round a bit. He is getting off on Thursday when we come back into Dagenham so I'll have a bit of time to re acquaint myself with everything before he goes.

So off to bed now so I'm up and fresh minded in the morning! It's been a long day!


- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)