Thursday 24 May 2012

Where does the time go?

Can't believe I've been home a week already and so much has happened!

I got off the ship and came home via my parents house to pick up hubby and Maisie the dog. I had ordered my groceries online to be delivered between 8pm and 10pm. We arrived home at 5 minutes to 8pm and the delivery lorry must have followed us down the street because he drew up a minute or so after!
Next day I started back at work doing feet at 9am. Both Thursday and Friday were quite busy, catching up with patients who needed their feet doing, answering questions about where I had been and telling the odd sea tale here and there. I've been thinking that I might print out a few of my favourite sea photos and take them round with me. I'm sure a lot of my patients would like to see them.

Saturday was a baking day in preparation for the event of the week taking place on Sunday. Our grand-daughters christening. Hubby's daughter had also asked me to be a godmother which I was very honoured to accept. So we had visitors staying with us on Saturday night ready for Sunday too.  We had a great evening catching up with each other and then on Sunday we all trooped off to the Christening.

The weather, thankfully, was lovely. It meant that after the church service we were able to go back to their house and eat outside in the garden. They had organised a neat sort of caterer in the shape of a lady with a trailer which had a log fired pizza oven on top of it. She made pizzas to order and they were delicious.
Afterwards we laid out the desserts. I had made a trifle, mini tiramisu cakes and scones with clotted cream and homemade jam. Along with several other desserts, there was plenty for everyone!
It was a lovely day. I had been quite nervous actually as hubby's ex-wife was also there and I didn't want to upset her in any way which would spoil the day. But happily it all went well and there was no bad feeling.

I've been back to my groups this week, knitting yesterday and Applestroodle tonight, It has been lovely catching up with my friends again and also a few people have said how much they have enjoyed reading my blog. That has made me happier, knowing people are actually reading this and enjoying it too!!

So a week has flown by and what will this next week bring...................Jubilee event planning....that's what!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)