Sunday 17 June 2012

Spot the dog!

Me and the dog have just got home after a lovely weekend visiting my parents.
On Friday my mum and I went to the Birmingham Symphony Hall to Dance to the Music. For fans of the TV show Strictly Come Dancing it is a fabulous 'must see' experience. The Strictly Dance Band led by Dave Arch, with four brilliant singers played a variety of music, from blues and soul to disco and Cuban. What talented musicians and such excellent voices they boast. In addition they were accompanied by four of the Strictly dancers. Kristina Rihanoff and her dance partner Robin Windsor along with Artem Chigvintsev and his girlfriend/ dance partner and winner of Strictly in 2010 Kara Tointon. As well as dancing each dancer took the mike at some point during the evening and spoke with the audience. There was audience participation and by the end of the night we were all up dancing in the aisles. A great night out, well worth running through torrential rain from the car park to get there!
On Saturday morning I was up early to attend a tutorial for my Open University course that I'm doing about Diabetes.
I spent the rest of the day with my family. My brother lives with my parents and has just got home from a 6 week trip to New Zealand which happily resulted in him being offered a job there. So he is home to sort out all his belongings, sell what he doesn't want and get ready to go back out there.
Today is Fathers Day so it was nice to be able to spend time with my Dad. Mum & I had thought we could go out for lunch but poor Dad wasn't feeling too good so we scrapped that idea.
Get well soon Dad!

Maisie the dog loves going to my parents. She always gets very excited when she sees them and loves the freedom of their lovely big garden. Unlike at home Maisie has a large patio door to look out into the garden and can see all the birds, squirrels and brave cats who venture into the garden. Once she is outside she loves trying to chase the pigeons off next doors roof. However her favourite thing to do is to hide under the big Acer bush up the garden.
Can you spot the black and white dog?


1 comment:

  1. I can see a nose, but then I know where to look! Yes, we had a great weekend and Friday night was one to remember. I so wish I could dance like that! Mother!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)