Thursday 1 November 2012

American Adventures - part 3


Fast forward 16 months and here I am back in the same waiting room. No one tells you anything! That's because apparently no one knows!
There are signs everywhere telling you not to use mobile phones which is a bit inconvenient given that I am the only one with a phone to contact my cousin who was meant to meet us outside. We are already an hour and a half later than planned.
I switch my phone onto silence and then whilst rummaging in my bag I manage to send a quick message to my cousin, letting him know that yet again I was being detained.

After about ten minutes the Scottish lady who we had been speaking with in the queue appeared in the room. She came and sat next to me, she'd been brought in because of a problem with her fingerprints!

We sat and chatted and even though we asked a couple of times how long we may be in this place, back came the standard answer," I'm sorry, I don't know".

Eventually, after one and a half hours, my passport was picked up from the pile, stamped and I was called to the desk and it was handed over. No apology, no explanation, so no idea why I was there and to be honest I was just relieved to get out of there and get on and enjoy my holiday!


- Posted using BlogPress

1 comment:

  1. Oops!
    Is this going to happen every time you go to the US now?
    I hope you managed to enjoy your visit anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)