Friday 30 November 2012

Knitting projects


This week I've been suffering with the dreaded lurgy. Hubby kindly passed it on before he went back to sea. I felt the tickle at the back of my throat and started with the Strepsils and Lemsip Max.
The next thing to do was cancel all my appointments for the week. Luckily my week wasn't going to be too busy anyway but as most of my patients are elderly I refuse to go and visit them when I'm ill.
To be honest I didn't feel like doing anything. Poor Maisie dog has had very few walks, a quick run around the field has had to suffice.
So once I had got myself out of bed, I made sure the heating was on and settled in front of the TV. I can endure daytime telly but only if I have something else to keep me occupied. So this week I've been finishing off some of those knitting projects which I've started but never quite finished.

I've been knitting flower fairies recently, Christmas presents for little family members. I've done three and am thrilled with them.



Meet Rose, Daisy and Tulip.
I'm so pleased with them, I've had lots of lovely comments about them and several people have asked how much I would charge for them.

My second unfinished project to complete was this circular shawl.







This made from one giant ball of yarn i bought in Aldi ages ago. i often see wool i like and just buy it without a clue of what I'm going to do with it. I found the pattern for this on a knitting website and think it will look great over a dark or even pink polo neck.

So now I'm onto the final project. I'm knitting a jumper for my brother. I'm not normally a big project person mainly because I get bored and want a quick result. Anyway I was given a fabulous Kaffe Fassett knitting book, it's very 'eighties' - bat wing jumpers and huge bright designs. However my brother spotted a design he liked so after finding some suitable yarn I started.




This is the back, I'm half way through the front now. It's a great challenge! Not sure how much I'll do before I get bored and go onto something else . I've got a beautiful cross stitch project I have been doing for about 10 years! Yes 10 years! It's big but I think it's about time I finished that!

Anyway I'm feeling a lot better today so I've rescheduled my appointments for next week.


Posted using BlogPress

3 comments:

  1. Dreaded lurgies? You and me both.
    At least you had a weekend away.

    Lovely things you’re making, aren’t you clever. Me, I just sit around, moan, feel sorry for myself and wait for better times.

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can see you have wasted no time feeling sorry for yourself and the results are marvellous. It feels good to turn a negative experience into a positive one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl of many talents, what else is spinning through your head waiting to surprise us all?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)