Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Year, New challenges

Firstly Happy New Year!
It's only taken me a week to finally get round to my blog again.
After a lovely Christmas and new year  spent with family, celebrating Christmas and a special 1st birthday on Christmas Day  for our grand daughter, life has returned to 'normal'.
Hubby is back at work and I've started this year with a more positive attitude than 2012 ended.
I've got a new business idea which I've decided to research  and see if its viable and today I went to my first ever  art class!
I've always had a romantic yearning to be able to paint but a box of watercolour paints which hubby bought for me about 8 years ago have been sat waiting to be used.
The wife of one of my patients has been telling me about a class she goes to in a local hall and when she reminded me about it last week, I decided that today was the day.
The group of 7 were a lovely bunch, very friendly and this week they were trying their hand at still life painting.
I set to and was pleasantly surprised when the tutor came round the group and said, ' oh yes, you can draw',
The two and a half hours flew by and I came away with a good drawing ready to be painted and a lovely glowing sense of achievement.





The still life subjects


An almost complete drawing

1 comment:

  1. Well done a positive start to 2013 and something you actually enjoy and seem to have a talent for. I will watch your blog with interest. Lets hope I can likewise achieve some yachting success so that your sailing Blog can progress. Tonga look out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)