Friday 27 January 2012

As high as a kite

Yesterday was as Pooh would say 'a very blustery day'.
After a mornings work I came home to hubby and stepdaughter, her partner and our new addition to the family.
We headed out up the valley to have lunch. The pub there does lovely food, my husband likes it as they brew their own beer and it's dog friendly so Maisie the dog can come inside too.
After a tasty refuel we headed upto the castle. Sadly not much is left of the castle itself but it's great to explore.
We had brought our rucksack of kites with us and hubby set about getting one of the kites out of the bag whilst I threw a ball for Maisie.
I should explain the castle is built on quite a hill and the river meanders around the bottom of the hill. Maisie runs down to the flat land between the hill and river and waits for me to throw the toy. She then runs straight back up the hill with it and then she's off again back down the hill. How she has the energy for this is beyond me!
Anyway the kite was ready to go so the men started to launch and fly it. Maisie was intrigued by this and was running round looking up at this strange white and purple thing, whooshing around above her.
The wind got stronger and stronger until a huge gust took the kite and it's flyer whiz zing across the grass. I'm sure skid marks must have been left behind.
By now I was beginning to get cold so us girls decided to head back to the car quickly followed by the men.
After a lovely exhilarating hour flying kites a hot coffee and some freshly made scones were the order of the day.

1 comment:

  1. We do have fun whatever we do and you make excellent scones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)