Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year celebrations

Happy New Year! Hope you all had a great evening welcoming in 2012.
Although I did have a bit of a hangover this morning, our shipboard celebrations were good fun!
As is traditional we stood on the bridge at midnight, listening to the radio and waiting for the chimes of Big Ben to start.
Once they did, the Captain started to sound the ships whistle. A loud, throaty whistle which seems to go straight through you.
Standing out on the bridge wing I could hear all the other ships in the docks, replying with their ships whistles. All wishing each other Happy New Year and safe sailing!
We also had a spectacular view of all the firework displays across the city of Hull. It was brilliant.
So although I would have preferred to have been celebrating with my nearest and dearest, this wasn't too bad!

Tomorrow we are sailing mid morning so keep an eye on where we go by clicking the link to Marine Traffic on the right side of this blog. My vessels name is Arco Humber.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)