Monday 16 January 2012

Back home with a cold!

I signed off the ship on Saturday afternoon and drove home to Shopshire. I had a wonderful reception from hubby and my dog, Maisie.
Hubby had cleaned the house from top to bottom, filled it with flowers and cooked a lovely chinese meal, crispy duck pancakes, lemon prawns and sticky ribs all with rice. It was delicious.
I sank into a lovely hot bath and relaxed for a while.
Sadly I also brought home a cold :(
I've been sniffling and sneezing ever since.
Today I got dressed up warm and we ventured out to our local town with the dog. We walked along the river, it was lovely, frosty and crisp.



Once we had had a little walk we ventured up into town to our favourite pub. Its dog friendly and does fabulous homemade soups. So we sat and watched the world go by as we sipped on our tomato soup and dipped in the crusty bread. I was still feeling very sneezy and sniffly so we wrapped up warm again and went back to the car and headed home.
I have decided to cancel my appointments tomorrow.  Many of my patients are elderly and I am very cautious about passing on coughs and colds to them, knowing how vulnerable they can be, especially in winter.
I suppose instead I shall snuffle and sniff at home whilst trying to organise the dreaded tax return!! Its got to be done.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to dry land, Sharla.

    I am also glad to read that you don't pass your bugs on to u.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)