Tuesday 24 April 2012

Comings and goings

There was much excitement in our household yesterday tinged with a little sadness though.

At the beginning of March my lovely hubby sourced a sewing desk for me. It is custom made to fit my sewing machine and folds away into a very tidy cupboard. I think the main reason for this was because when he had come home from sea he had found the dining table strewn with material and the sewing machine as I was right in the middle of quilt making for our grand daughter.
This has been a wonderful table to use but we both hate clutter and fearing this hobby may become more permanent hubby went ahead and ordered the desk.
When I got home yesterday the man had been to fit it in the upstairs spare room.I shall really enjoy filling all these little boxes and containers and of course making many lovely items.







When I got home yesterday my mum was also there. She had come across for lunch but had also come to collect our dog, Maisie. Maisie is off on her hols, staying with my parents, because both hubby and I are going away back to sea tomorrow. I said goodbye to my furry companion and went off back to work. It wasn't until when I got home last night that it hit me how quiet the house was without her. Both hubby and I sat around looking at each other and said, 'Its not the same without Maisie is it!'

It has felt really odd to day too without her but I am sure she is having a wondeful time, being thoroughly spoilt no doubt.

We have packed and are ready for our early start. I shall be poting while I'm away like I did before with lots of lovely photos too I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)