Saturday 14 April 2012

Easter Hols

We've had a busy time since hubby arrived home from sea 10 days ago.
On Good Friday we set off down to see his son M and his wife L. They live down on the south coast so it takes about 3 hours to drive there. They are expecting their first child in the summer and it was our first visit to them since hearing their news. Although we speak often it was nice to see them both and see that L was well in her pregnancy.
In the evening we went out for a meal at one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants. Hubby and I shared a meat platter starter served on a wooden board atop two tins of chopped tomatoes. It did make us chuckle when the waiter came over and plonked two tins of tomatoes on the table. What on earth , said hubby, picking them up to examine them.


















My main course squid ink pasta served with scallops. I usually go for a chicken dish if we eat out but decided to go for something different. The pasta was very dark and the scallops were very tasty.
The next day we went down to Southsea seafront and walked along the beach with the dog. Then we went and had a go at the nine hole pitch and putt. What fun we had! A few years ago hubby had one golf lesson whilst we were on holiday. This meant that he tried to impart this knowledge to us as we tried to hit the ball from tee to hole. I was terrible, having difficulty even hitting the ball. But I did get better as we went round. Hubby started off quite well but did get worse and M and L were very good, their previous visits obviously helping them! In the end, L won and I was last, well someone has to be!!


















After we had played we went to the tearoom, aptly named The Tenth Hole where we had huge slices of naughty calorie ridden cake and a big mug of coffee.
We dropped M & L home and continued on our travels, heading north to visit my parents.
We spent Saturday evening and most of Easter Sunday with them before heading home.
On Easter Sunday morning, after dropping my mum at church, hubby and I dropped round to see my best friend and her family.I have known S since we were at secondary school together. Our parents live quite close to each other. We were bridesmaids for each other in the same year, 2004. S now lives near Cambridge and has just had her 2nd child. We hardly get to see each other apart from if we happen to be visiting our parents at the same time. She was staying with her father so we went round to see them. It was so lovely to catch up with news and see their new addition.

I love visiting family and friends but it is always nice to arrive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)