Wednesday 21 March 2012

...I froze...

This post is my entry to this weeks 100 word challenge for Grown ups at Julias Place The word prompt this week is ..the red box...
I'm continuing the story from my last 100WCGU entry


I froze as the flickering light from the television acted as a spotlight, highlighting the scene before me.
The red box lay in the middle of the floor, its battered corners exposing its age, its lid was flung open, spewing its contents onto the carpet. The clasp had been forced open and hung forlornly by a lingering screw.
I tiptoed quietly into the room feeling the telltale signs beneath my feet.
All around me, lay discarded, half opened packets of oreos,chocolate hobnobs, ginger snaps as I stepped over them towards the mysterious noises emanating from beyond the kitchen door.....

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I loved that this turned out to be something "sweet" rather than scary (at least until the culprit is found out)! Nice work, especially with the description of the broken box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, who knows what will be behind the kitchen door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a dog, gotta be a dog. A really nice piece that turned from suspense to 'aahh'. Well done - enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found this via a link on my blog stats! Could be me behind the door - I love biscuits way too much. A delicious piece, I love the lingering screw.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)