Sunday 18 March 2012

Loving where I live

My dog Maisie and I went for a bike ride today. About 5-6 miles. It wasn't a hot sunny day and in a way that was good. There's a hill near us which hubby likes to cycle over and we went up that way. Halfway up the lane there is a farm where 3 sheepdogs (Border Collies) live. One of them, Pudsey, is really friendly and everytime hubby goes past Pudsey always comes out to say hello. Maisie(also a Border Collie)isn't too sure about this friendly dog and sometimes goes to snap off poor Pudseys nose. However they get used to each other and after a few minutes of fuss we set off again off up the hill.


Sometimes at the top of the hill we take a short cut over the top of the hill, through pasture land with sheep and horses. We didn't do that today but when we were up there the other day I took these photos. The views were stunning and it always makes me feel happy, smug almost that I live in such a wonderful and beautiful place. I love standing at the top looking all around me, watching how the sun changes the view so quickly. Its spotlight moving around, highlighting different areas.



Free wheeling down the other side of the hill gives my legs a rest and gives Maisie a chance to really stretch her legs and we often race each other down. Theres a stream at the bottom where she can have drink. Then I strap her back in the basket on the back of my bike to complete our journey home along the main road.
Theres a pub at the bottom of the hill too which we sometimes go into. Maisie likes going in there because they know her in there now and she always gets a free biscuit or two. Pity they don't give away free drinks to the dog owner! That would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. That second photo is perfect in so many ways... the sun speckled green landscape, the rolling hills, the lead in of the log and that dogs face! Very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should feel smug. I envy you for where you live. I am sure I should have been an English girl living in such a place. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)